Here are some typed directions on how to get your class list from Infinite Campus to GradeCam (thanks to the Anissa Smith at KHS):
- Log into IC and create a homework for EACH class so you can import the names
- Log into IC and on left side select INSTRUCTIONS then go down and select REPORTS
- Then select GRADEBOOK EXPORT then under file format-drop down menu (blank spot) select Comma Separated, then GENERATE REPORT
- Once here delete the homework assignment and then select entire row A
- Then select Data on top tool bar then select TEXT TO COLUMNS then select NEXT.
- Now get rid of the X on TAB and check off comma, space and other—but put a # sign in other
- Then hit NEXT then select Finish.
- (sometimes with a student who is a JR or a II or III you have to delete those and copy and paste the rest of their names into the columns for order purposes)
- Now SAVE AS under whatever you want—I use My Documents and also Title it.
- Make sure it is a CSV file.
Next select YES then minimize and go to GRADECAM
- Log into grade cam and create your classes and then select IMPORT STUDENTS
- Choose your FILE—the one you just saved as CSV file and then select IMPORT at the bottom of the page.
- Now the Delimiter select Comma, Separated Values and under Header Row choose No Header
- Then select NEXT
- Change the students information FIRST NAME then select Last Name and then match Student ID with Grade Cam Student ID.
- FINALLY select NEXT and if it looks good you are finished.