Kenston Local Schools have enabled Twitter for all users on its network as of Spring, 2014.
What is Twitter?
Twitter is an online social networking and microblogging service that enables users to send and read “tweets”, which are text messages limited to 140 characters. Registered users can read and post tweets, but unregistered users can only read them.
How Can I Learn More?
- Mashable has some great resources on what Twitter is, and how to use it in general.
- Kathy Schrock has quite an extensive list of Twitter resources, for educators in particular.
- Review the Social Media Guidelines for staff & students at Kenston.
- New User FAQs from Twitter.
- Getting Started with Twitter, from Twitter.
- The #Edchat Resource Guide & Twitter for Teachers Guide created by USC Rossier’s online Doctorate of Education
Check out this infographic on how to get started with Twitter:
What are the Official Kenston Twitter Accounts?
Kenston Local Schools will begin communicating via Twitter in addition to all the other current channels of communication, like newsletters, etc.
These are the official twitter accounts that Kenston Local Schools uses. Other accounts may not be associated with any official capacity for Kenston, even though they include the Kenston name.
- @KenstonKHS (High School)
- @KenstonKMS (Middle School)
- @KenstonKIS (Intermediate School)
- @KenstonTES (Elementary School)
- @KenstonPD (Professional Development)